Oli Hodgkinson, BVSc, Cert SH&P, MRCVSS
A highly practical and interactive half-day course, covering the electro-ejaculation of tups using the lane ram probe, sample analysis and sperm morphology.
- Working lunch to discuss theoretical aspects including:
- How to examine a tup
- Slide preparation
- Sperm morphology
- How electro-ejaculation fits into the flock health plan
- The pros and cons of electro-ejaculation
- On-farm session to include:
- Tup examination and electro-ejaculation
- Gross sample analysis under microscope
- Sperm morphology assessment
- Conclusion of findings and discussion with the farmer
Oli graduated from Liverpool University 1999. He then moved to mid-Wales to the family sheep farm where he went into practice for 2 years in a beef and sheep mixed practice.
Oli subsequently returned to Liverpool University where he undertook a sheep certificate and then went on to run the University Farm animal practice and referral hospital.
After 5 years, he returned to Mid Wales and became a partner at Trefaldwyn Vets in Montgomery. This is a mixed practice but Oli predominately focuses on dairy, beef and sheep.
Outside of practice, Oli is a Regional advisor for the Moredun and has also published a number of papers on foot rot in sheep and anesthesia in farm animals.
Wednesday 19 June, 12pm – 4pm
Tyn Y Coed, Berriew, Welshpool, Powys, SY21 8QG
Members £145 +VAT / Non-Members £195 +VAT
Lunch and refreshments included.
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 01858 555722 / 07740 649051