As you are probably aware, Origin (Westpoint) recently secured a contract to deliver TB advisory visits and follow-up calls to cattle owners in a HRA or Edge Area. VetCo is pleased to provide a unique service to VetCo members that will add real value to your practice and clients and goes above and beyond the Origin offering.
Two of our directors, James Russell and Dick Sibley, have been trained to deliver this service and bring with them a wealth of knowledge and experience in TB work.
- Dick is recognised as an industry expert in this field of work and is liaising with APHA to identify challenges in the current testing regime and to overcome them.
- James is a member of the TB Eradication Action Group (TBEAG) an advisory group to Defra on TB where he sits as the BCVA TB representative.
- A VetCo director will come to your practice for an afternoon meeting to discuss TB and TB biosecurity. This knowledge transfer session will help to bring all your practice vets up to speed with current thinking and approaches.
- The same evening, the practice will host a farmer meeting, led by the VetCo director, to outline the issues and how we can work together to overcome them.
- VetCo will arrange TBAS visits on your clients’ farms; for continuity these will be carried out by the same director. The practice vet will be invited to attend all or part of this visit to hear the findings, and the advice which is given.
The only stipulation is that clients must be in the Edge Area or HRA.
VetCo are delighted to be able to offer this service completely free of charge to VetCo member practices and their clients.
The sessions we have held so far have been a huge success and our approach is already being recognised within TBAS as setting a new standard.
Here are just a few of the comments we have received from vets and farmers:
- It was great to get the whole team motivated on helping farmers with TB
- Our support team now feel comfortable to discuss TB
- We got all our questions answered with confidence and knowledgeable comment – and for free!
- It was the first time I’ve seen our farmers consider how they may help themselves with TB
- I needed convincing to come to this, but it was excellent. I am so glad I did and will look forward to my farm visit.
- James was challenged by all sorts of TB myths and was able to respond to them all with authority
- For the first time we were able to think about TB like any other disease, rather than facing it on our own
- I am amazed at what you have shown me today. I didn’t think I could change anything, but I am now certainly going to
- With the help of this visit I am confident I will work my farm towards CHeCS accreditation for TB
- It was good to see our vet at the meeting as well. They will be important in helping to ensure we are compliant with all this biosecurity in the future
- At last, somebody on my farm talking about what I can do, not what has gone wrong, or what I should have done.
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER BUT ARE INTERESTED TO FIND OUT MORE, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH. THE MEETINGS DO TAKE TIME TO ORGANISE AND DELIVER SO PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT US SO WE CAN START TO PLAN THE NEXT PHASE OF TRAINING.